Monday, March 26, 2012

Keeper's Keepin' It Real: Through a dog's lens

Keeper was adopted from the Humane Society a few years ago. Every now and then I'll get a few entries from Keeper's own blog, and it always cracks me up. Thought I'd share one with you all:


Today The Old Woman cooked on the circle of fire outside.   I like it when she does that!!!!!   I encouraged her by barking.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   I started my encouragement as soon as I heard her rattle the lid off the circle of fire.  Bark.   Bark.   I know that sound!!!!!   I kept on encouraging The Old Woman when she made the fire start.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   I encouraged her when The Old Woman put the meat on.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.  I encouraged her when the smell of - PORK!!!  and BARBEQUE SAUCE came in the house.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.  Bark.   I chased skwirles away so they wouldn't get the meat.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   All that encouraging and protecting was hard work.   I need some PORK!!!! to renew my strength.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   PORK!!!!!    Fire burnt pig!!!!!!   I LIKE IT!!!!!   Do skwirls eat PORK!!!!?   Can't take the chance!!!!!   Bark.  Bark.

The Old Woman put some leaves and cheese in my bowl.   What?!?!???   After all that encouraging and protecting?!?!!?!   Bark.  Bark.   Hey, Old Woman, bark, I want PORK!!!!   The Old Woman put blackberries in my bowl.   I like blackberries but there's PORK!!! on the wind!   I get leaves and berries for my loyalty?    Bark.   I protest!   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Hey, Old Woman, don't forget who chased off the skwirl!!!!!  Bark.

Oooooo!    Ooooo!   The Old Woman gave me PORK!!!!  I love The Old Woman.   I told The Old Woman I LOVE YOU!!!   Bark.   Bark.  Bark.    I WANT MORE!!!!   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   I WANT MORE!!!!!   Bark.   Bark.

Later - nap time.   Finished off some PORK!!! and some leaves called "cole slaw" (phoooey) and some yummy berries and some garlic bread.   Nap time.  First I have to thank The Old Woman before I curl up.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.   Bark.



Why am I shut in the bathroom? 

Keeper

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Give that girl some more pork! (but not tooooooooooo much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Had to share it with coworker; made her laugh, too!

    ReplyDelete